Finding the Easiest Resource for Quality Black Gaffer Tapes
Few items are as useful in the world of performing as a good roll of tape, such as black gaffer. From marking stage positions to covering up wiring to quick repairs and more, black and white gaffer tape are a staple for stagehands and venue crews across Australia. However, not all tapes are made alike, and two types of gaffer’s tape that look very similar could perform quite differently. As a result, it’s always important to have a good amount of different kinds on hand, whether it varies in colour, adhesive properties, or width. At Techbox, we’ve streamlined the process of purchasing industry gold standards, including products such as Nashua gaffer tape 357, by making it even easier to buy these items online.
Take this opportunity to consider the usefulness of this product and where it comes from, plus more about why Techbox is the best place to buy Nashua 357 tape online for any production or purpose.
A Quick History of Gaffer Tape
When did gaffer tape first start seeing widespread use, and where did it originate? It might surprise you to learn that this ubiquitous item’s history spans less than a century, and it all stems from the ingenuity of one American cinematographer who grew tired of lacking the tools he needed for his trade.
- Gaffer tap was originally invented in 1959 by a man named Ross Lowell. Requiring a tape that had specific properties such as heat resistance, he spent time developing his own solution based on commercially available duct tapes and his own ingenuity.
- Silver gaffer tape is the true original, as Lowell’s original invention combined a tough silver fabric with the lightly sticky adhesive of an off-the-shelf tape. It didn’t take long before the use of gaffer tape spread throughout the film and television industry and eventually into widespread use.
- Today, many manufacturers create gaffer tape based on the original idea, providing options suitable for different applications as needed.
The Importance of Good Black Gaff Tape
Despite its short history, this type of tape has become incredibly important in many aspects of live event production. Why does it matter so much, and why should you carefully select quality products when you need black or white gaffer?
- It’s essential when you need to use tape to secure something but don't want to leave any residue behind. The adhesives in this type of tape use specific formulations that ensure they easily peel away without leaving a sticky and visible coating.
- While the tape should be easy to remove, it must also be durable. Cables taped down with gaffer tape might need to stay in the same position for long periods, and stronger products ensure there’s no need for re-taping.
- Some tapes can be important for blending in with costuming, such as placing a microphone beneath a lapel.
Creative Ways You Can Use Nashua 357 Gaffer Tape
One of the best aspects of this tape is its versatility and ease of use in various applications. Aside from the typical uses, such as taping down cables or marking positions for event participants on stage, what are some of the other ways the industry uses gaffer tape?
- Labels. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s always to hand. Labelling everything with gaff tape is a simple way to keep hardware and gear organised.
- Alter lighting for different effects. Gaff tape is a very popular solution for blocking out light and even changing the light projected into a scene.
- Improve safety in high-traffic areas. Want to ensure that there are no collisions backstage during a busy production or on a crowded set? Use tapes of different colours to mark out lanes and paths so that everyone knows exactly where to go.
A Short Buyer’s Guide to Gaff Tape
There is a surprising amount of variety to the world of gaffer’s tape, and not every type will yield the same results. Some are better suited to particular purposes more than others. When you browse our catalogue of options, what are some of the essential things to keep in mind?
- Know which type of finish you want or need. From matte finishes to gloss and simple colours, we stock them all for your convenience. We even have transparent tapes for when you want to keep your work hidden from plain view.
- Look for tapes with a solid reputation in the industry from proven manufacturers rather than knock-off brands that might seem cheaper but don’t provide the performance you need.
- Stock up on multiple types of tape and consider several rolls of each if you will be working on an extensive production. It can be shocking how quickly you’ll go through a roll, and no one wants to run out at a crucial moment on a busy day.
What Sets Techbox Apart Regarding Grey Gaffer Tape?
The vast number of uses for gaffer tape makes it a must-have in many situations, but those who are time-poor may not always have the opportunity to find a place to purchase the right type and amount of tape. When you choose to shop online to fulfil your consumable needs, why is Techbox the best choice?
- Extensive selection. With numerous types of gaff tape in a wide range of colours, you don’t have to look far to find what you need.
- Our experience, which lets us guide customers towards the best solutions for niche applications.
- Our constant efforts to be on the lookout for the next up and coming products. We evaluate new tapes as they become available to provide our customers with the best selection at all times.
Why Techbox is a Cost-Effective Way to Purchase Transparent Gaffer Tape
Getting your money’s worth is always essential when investing in equipment and consumables, but how can you be sure that you’re getting the best deal on something basic such as tape? At Techbox, our goal is always to offer a valuable option for your clients. Here’s why shopping with us is a smart spend:
- We’ve made it easy to buy in bulk, with box options that include up to 24 rolls of tape. Save more when you buy more and know that you always have plenty in the supply closet.
- We’re able to dispatch orders quickly, so you never need to wait long to get back to work with your tape. Our quick turnarounds make it easier for our clients to plan.
- Our extensive product pages let buyers make fully informed decisions — always check the information we’ve provided, as it may answer the questions you have.
Other Services We Provide Besides Black Gaffer Tape
Gaffer tape is not the only product we provide to our friends and clients across the industry. Here, you’ll find plenty of other solutions to make it easy to gear up for your next exhibition, event, or performance. Some of the other products and services we provide include:
- Other types of tape useful for the event sector, such as electrical tape, hook and loop, and double-sided tape. With a catalogue that is as deep in these categories as it is in gaff tape, we’ve made it extremely easy to stock up on all you require.
- Lighting and accessories, including lamps and stands. Let us help you light a space perfectly by making it less time-consuming to find the bulbs and power cords necessary for keeping your equipment in good shape.
- Visual systems of all shapes and sizes, such as switchers, monitors, storage, and much more. If it supports your work in creating visual media or video-based experienced, you can bet we probably have it waiting for you in our catalogue.
For more than half a decade, Techbox has been hard at work cementing its position as one of the leading retailers in the live event sector. Providing the highest quality consumables such as Nashua 357 and an extensive range of production and AV-related products, we offer event organisers the simplest way to buy these items today. Committed to quality in our product selection, excellence in our customer service, and swift results for all online orders, Techbox represents the single easiest solution for exhibitors, live event organisers, and hobbyists today.
Start your order now or contact us for any help you may need.