Nashua 357 is a cloth tape preferred by the military, waste disposal, construction, entertainment, band, film and location professionals.
- secure cables and looms to concrete, carpet, timber and tiled floors
- very aggressive natural rubber adhesive for long term adhesion to smooth and rough surfaces
- gloss black finish - not suited to full black-out theatre and show applications
- light grey adhesive side
- easily cut to length by hand for a straight crisp tear
- originally developed for US military, naval and nuclear applications
- main application in USA and Australia as a long-term air-conditioning duct tape and waste / asbestos disposal purposes
- 357 became popular in Australia in 1970's and 1980's by touring band crews as the best tape to use on beer-soaked carpeted pub stages
- polyethylene-coated cloth backing with high tensile strength for difficult applications
- moisture, solvent and chemical resistant
- residue usually left behind especially if laid over long time periods
- difficult to pull up if exposed to the sun for several days with visible residue left behind
- eucalyptus oil and/or isopropyl alcohol are recommended to clean 'gaffer goo'
- available in three colours: black, white, silver
- standard size 48mm width x 40-metre length
Nashua 357 BLACK cloth tape 48mm available to purchase in a box quantity of 24 rolls.
Also available as a single roll.
Nashua 357 is also available in 72mm width x 40-metre length in BLACK to efficiently secure two or more cables.
Other options for black cloth tapes are Tenacious A944 (on par) and Nichiban 1200 (less than) or Tenacious K140 (on par).
Nashua 357 tape has very high adhesion strength, will perform well on rough and uneven surfaces, resists moisture. It is recommended for challenging, abrasive situations where the tape MUST remain in place without excuses.